Redken’s SS 2017 Marc Jacobs recap, hair by Guido
“Marc first started talking to me about this look at the end of July. He was really inspired by Lana Wachowski’s hair. She’s got these beautiful colored, wool hair extensions. So that’s really where the major inspiration came from, as well as club and rave culture, Boy George, and anime. We knew we wanted to find wool hair. So we literally looked on Google and found Jena Counts’ Etsy shop and reached out to her. She’s been making all the wool extensions by hand in custom colors and lengths. For this show, she utilized 12,500 yards of fabric, which was dyed in more than 200 different shades.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK: COLORFUL, ANIME HAIR
- Blow-dry hair line with a boar bristle brush.
- Spray a good amount of Wind Blown 05 all over hair line and lengths to make sure the hair gets a good texture to achieve a good grip.
- Section back hair from ear to ear. Clip up to get the hair out of the way.
- Take sections of hair (about an inch thick) and twist section around base of the dreadlock. Twist together.
- Take the twisted section and pull it up to the top of the head to give a clean line from the profile (chin to the top of the head.)
- Take sections of the twisted hair/dreadlocks and braid them around each other. Secure with a small elastic.
- Once complete, take a few sections at a time and tie them up at the top in a huge ponytail. Secure with a large elastic.
- Finally, take small sections of hair and knot at the top (3-4 different knots in total) to make a large bun at the top. Secure with any hair pins.